Wednesday, July 10, 2013

[Solution] HTC Evo not recognizing on computer, only charging. 100% working

HTC Evo not recognizing on computer, only charging.

I had this problem a few weeks back as well i would plug in EVO 4G and it would not prompt me on what i wanted
to do it went on straight charge pc said it did not recognize usb device etc. I pulled battery for 30 seconds put it back
let it do its thing and now it works like a charm. hopefully this helps someone out.

Second solutions is:

I was having this same issue with my EVO not connecting to the computer, but it was charging. It's getting a bit aged, so I figured the USB port was worn out. The one thing I saw that has not been mentioned here is this: When I plugged my USB cable in, the phone would flash on the screen when viewing the file manager on the computer. Not sure how this helpful, but that's what I was seeing.

However, after trying multiple cables with no luck then trying the Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging, I still had no luck connecting the phone to the comuter.

Finally, I followed the advice given above. I pulled the battery and put it back in. What a simple solution. As it turns out, all three cables I have dangling from the computer are perfectly good cables and now I can transfer all the photos off my phone as the battery trick fixed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment