Wednesday, July 10, 2013

[Solution] HTC Evo 4G stuck on a reboot infinite loop

HTC Evo 4G stuck on a reboot infinite loop


!!! WAIT!!! DON'T RESET YET!!!

I occasionally have the same problem. It typically occurs on my phone after the battery has run out completely. I plug it in to charge and after a couple minutes power it on, and it goes into the same infinite boot loop.

I panicked the first time, because I didn't have everything backed up. I managed to stumble onto this solution, and it's worked for me every time (3 times so far).

Here's how I do it:

1) First, stop the looping by pulling the battery, and then reinserting it, WITHOUT powering it back on.
2) Make sure the phone has enough charge to run without being plugged in and then UNPLUG the phone. I've done this after charging for maybe 20 minutes.
3) Boot into the hboot menu (hold VOLUME DOWN then momentarily press POWER)
4) Use the volume buttons to highlight RECOVERY and hit the power button.


The phone vibrates, displays the white screen with HTC Evo 4g, then displays a black screen with a large green sync icon over a hard disk.

After about a minute, the icon switches to a red error symbol (triangle with exclamation point) over a cellphone.

5) At this point, pull the battery, reinsert it, and power it on normally (WITHOUT holding the volume button). The phone boots normally, and all the apps and data are there, just as they were before the loop started.

No comments:

Post a Comment